Aria tends to stutter after her kidnapping, she won't answer any questions if she feels uncomfortable with it. She has a fear of being kidnapped by unseen people.
Dave Taylor was a writer, one day running home late he saw a woman at the subway, she looked lonely, so he came and talked to her. She turned out to be interesting...and beautiful. So they started dating. Nine months later, little Aria came on Dave's doorstep.
I was a child anyone would want. I got good grades, manners, photographic memory, and a natural ability to learn languages. Dad had always enough time with me, and I didn't ask for more. I lived in New York, where every night I would capture the nights of NY with my camera.
When I was 13, things begin to shift. I begin going shy, more independent then the other girls. I didn't want to hang with the popular girls, or visit the movies, I just wanted to be home and write stories or read books. Slowly, I became a loner, but I didn't care. I was happy being alone. Then one day, as I was going home from school, in a forest when one of those popular girls came behind me. She tapped my shoulder and I turned around, my fist clenched. I hated the popular girls, they always picked on me when I was alone at break. She smiled, and said "Young Demigod, I've smelled you for weeks. And now I'll feast on another one of your kind!" Then I looked down and backed up. Demigod? What is that? And why were her feet and legs replaced with....serpentine tails? I knew this was all wrong. I started running, hard. But I knew I was easily overpowered. I was becoming tired. I stopped, and thought quickly if I can't get speed, what about height? I smiled and climbed a tree. However, this was my first time and I stumbled over little stumps, almost falling. Fact, I was only 10 feet off the ground when Kara, the girl, came. "What do you know, Demigod. There's two of you." Then a blast of fire came behind Kara. and a boy roughly about 14 came out of the flames. Kara roared in pain. The fire kept spreading and soon cam onto my tree, and I was burned. A 3 inch, 2nd degree burn. I cried out and feel into a world of pain.
I woke with the boy tending my burns. There was still a throb but it wasn't as bad. He smiled and said his name was Lee, son of hephaestus. Lee said that while I was out he had defeated Kara after a nasty battle. I smiled, and he became my friend ever since.When I was 14, a year later I was kidnapped. It was dark, and I was wandering out in the dim lights near our street, when suddenly a car pulled up and hands covered my eyes and mouth. Then a cloth that smelled like alcohol came over my nose, and I passed out. When I woke up, I was in a dark room. There was a candle near me, the only source of light, and my fear greater then anything in the past.
A month passed. Every week, my captor would come in and knock me out, then take me away to another dark room, or place. (Food and water were delivered though dumbwaiters or a slot though the door, depending on location) I soon realized that was the way of escaping. The problem was he would knock me out before I would get a chance to run. So I thought, if one of my senses are blocked, train the other. Then I begin using my ears. Soon, a few days later, it was better then my sight.Though, a hour later I wondered why I was here in the first place. So I asked my captor using napkins and a ketchup bottle. The reply came, he said that I was here because he mistook me as this rich girl named Brenda or something, and wanted to hold her for ransom. But since he was mistaken, he was holding me for ransom. I knew dad couldn't pay, money was tight at the moment. Anyways the last day of the week my captor came, but i heard him. I stayed behind the door as he walked in, then punching him in the head. My knuckles ached but I quickly ran, my captor running after me. I ran and realized he was alone, so I soon lost him. Then later I ran into a boy and quickly realized it was lee. "thank gods I found you!" He said. "let's run."
A few days later, I arrived to Camp. I had seen Lee took his last breath, and the memory was still there. We were running, I don't know from what, though. Then the thing came under the ground, a pit scorpion. Lee got stung by it before he killed it with his dagger, and I held his hand as he looked deep into my eyes. After he was dead, I took the bow and arrow that he always carried since we meet, leaving the dagger to rest in his hands. I wiped the tears away and begin walking to Camp. A satyr found me a few kilometres away from camp and took me there. When i did, i sent and iris message to my dad telling him where i was. After,I promised myself I'll avenge Lee's death.
- Children of Mnemosyne have the ability to write/read weapons out of pure energy which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it. They can also write/read other objects that are for non-combative purposes
- Children of Mnemosyne can launch orbs of ink which burst upon striking the target, temporarily obscuring their vision. They can only launch three orbs of ink at a time.
- Children of Mnemosyne have the ability to write/read a shield of pure energy, roughly two to three times the size of the user, which will blunt most attacks but slow the movement of the conjurer.
- Children of Mnemosyne have the ability to revert time around them for a short duration in order to dodge an attack that was unforeseen. After doing so, this ability cannot be used for a while.
- Children of Mnemosyne have the ability to view the specific past of a person’s life.
- Children of Mnemosyne have an innate knowledge of everything ever written and only have to hear its name to remember its details.
- Children of Mnemosyne have an eidetic memory and can remember every detail of a previous fight with an opponent.
- Children of Mnemosyne can see a few seconds into the future; allowing them to possibly predict the actions of others, but also obscuring their sight at times.
- Children of Mnemosyne are able to force everyone around them within a 10-meter radius to remember and dwell on an event from their past that emulates a certain emotion from the affected. The child of Mnemosyne can choose which emotion they would like their targets to feel, be it anger, sadness, happiness, ecstasy or anything in or ecstasy. The user cannot hold the targets under their control for more than a few minutes, and the effects of the power can cause those around them to become positive and motivated from their happy memory
- Children of Mnemosyne can use descriptive insults used both against themselves and their opponents to gain a temporary boost in speed and strength. The longer they maintain this boost, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Mnemosyne can read/write wings into existence. This enables them to fly; the longer they maintain this state, the more energy it drains. They must rest between flights and cannot make long distance traveling without resting often. However the wings are vulnerable to injuries and magic; they can also be customized to the user’s preference.
- Children of Mnemosyne have the ability to travel back and forth in time, but they are unable to interact with or change past events they are only able to see the events play out. When they go forward in time they only see “possible” futures, that does not mean those future events will come to pass.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Mnemosyne can temporarily rewrite details about the battlefield they are fighting on in order to alter it and gain an advantage over their opponent. This could include things like temporarily eliminating the shadows on a battlefield if they are fighting a child of Nyx or temporarily drying up the water if they are fighting a child of Poseidon. Only one detail can be changed at a time and the change only lasts for a moderate time.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Mnemosyne can manifest a person or creature from any book in order to temporarily fight alongside them. The manifestation cannot be larger than 2-3 the size of the user and will dissipate after a short time. The person cannot be overly powerful and the user will have a hard time moving while the manifestation is in place.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Mnemosyne can morph into a state of pure imagination. This grants them flight, receive enhancement in some of their abilities (Offensive 1, Defensive 1, 3 Month and 6 Month) and invulnerability to attacks. This effect only lasts for a short time, leaving the user extremely drained and temporarily unable to move afterward.
- Children of Mnemosyne typically have excellent memories, unable to forget details from their past and are therefore immune to the effects of amnesia and other memory-related illnesses.
- Though most demigods struggle with dyslexia, children of Mnemosyne usually do so to a lesser extent because their mother is the goddess of the written word.
- Children of Mnemosyne can normally learn and decipher other languages incredibly easy. Ex: Hearing a woman speak Chinese would mean the user could somewhat understand even if they never heard the language before. If they then have a lengthy conversation with the woman in Chinese, they’d be considered fluent in the language afterward.
- Children of Mnemosyne often grow up to become great authors, English teachers, and historians.
|Dave Taylor||Father||I miss him...|
|Lee Douglass||Friend||He might have been my brother...he's dead now|
I never met her before...
|Mnemosyne's Cabin||Siblings||They're fun to be around with|
|Thaddeus Carter||Brother||He's really nice to me.|