As a daughter, she is obedient and very caring. She is scared of the people around her because they did not thing but judge her. She'd prefer to be alone but what she really wants is a real friend. She might appear like a very silent girl but actually, she's a joyful one. That side of her only appears when she's with the right people.
Now that she's been at camp for a while, she has learned to adjust a bit, especially in the area of fashion, but somehow, her language still needed some work. She has also began trusting people again little by little and her joyous side has begun to show.
Bridget was born in Ireland on the 28th of May in the year 1627. Thomas Connolly, her father, was an Irish farmer. He was very contented with his life and asked for nothing more. He was happy living with his wife, Mary Connolly, and their two kids, Peter and Samuel Connolly.
One tragic day came when Mary died because of an unknown disease. It brought too much sadness within the Connolly family.
Years later, Thomas found new love in a woman named Miriam, who was actually Melinoe. Then one night, it just happened.
Not knowing who her mother was, the people around her especially in school considered her an illegitimate child, which was true. However, Thomas would always say her mother died of a terrible disease and that she was not an illegitimate child. Her older half-brothers, Peter and Samuel, stayed with their uncle for Thomas could not support the three of his children anymore. But he would visit the two sometimes when he had the time.
Most of the time, Bridget would be seen as 'talking to herself' but actually she could see ghosts. She befriended them and they seemed to be even nicer than the living. They did not judge her.
Things got worse for her as the people continued to see her talking when no one was actually there. They would refer to her as insane or mad. Even her classmates would avoid her and would throw random stuff at her especially books or stones. They even called her a witch. During her time, witches and whoever practised witchcraft or sorcery were seriously punished by being burned alive or beheaded.
The labeling of her as a witch continued until she was twelve. It started from when she was seven. When her father had already had enough, he pulled Bridget out of school and just decided to teach her at home himself. He also didn't want the authorities to know that she was being called a witch or else... things might even get worse. However, the news still spread. It seemed inevitable. It reached the teachers then to the townspeople and then the authorities. When Bridget was thirteen, the authorities sent people to their home to get her. They told the Connolly family that the child was accused of being a witch and that she should be tried. Since Thomas was confident that his child was not a witch, he agreed. But when the trial was done, they had decided to execute Bridget guilty of witchcraft. It was a total turn of events.
Thomas couldn't do anything about it but he really wanted to. When Bridget was already tied and about to be set on fire, someone shot an arrow right at the chest of the one who held the torch, which would be used to start the fire. All the people who were gathered to watch the child's execution were shocked. Just when the man who was shot fell backwards, the torch fell to the ground as well burning the dried leaves and fire started to spread. The people panicked and ran. Bridget was crying for help and someone did come. It was her father who shot the arrow. The authorities caught Thomas helping Bridget escape and then they wanted him executed, as well. They ran away trying to escape the executioners.
She was thirteen when she got attacked by harpies. Thomas, being the son of Cybele, was able to see the monsters as they were. He shot arrows at them and they disintegrated. Bridget was in too much shock and she asked what they were. Thomas explained that they were monsters and that the arrows he used were made of special metals. Thinking of it, he thought perhaps Bridget was also a demigod. There wouldn't be any other reason for monsters to attack her anyway. He never knew if Miriam was a goddess or not. But he started to believe she was one.
For two years, Thomas protected his daughter from monsters. They'd also run away from town to town but their faces were posted everywhere. Whoever spotted them would be rewarded. One time, someone saw them and immediately reported to the authorities. The townspeople, knowing Thomas was with a witch, got out of their houses with pitchforks and torches ready to kill them. Again, they ran away until they reached a dark forest. Thomas just told Bridget to run and hide while he tried to stop the people. It worried Bridget so much but she had to obey and trust her father. Unfortunately for Thomas, he was killed. Bridget was able to hide in the forest for a few days until she was caught by a man and was badly injured. Thankfully, she was able to escape and she continued running. The people were catching up and she was too weary to even take another step. The forest was located on a hill and she managed to trudge down. When she fainted, she just fell on the ground unconscious.
Melinoe pitied her child. She was still alive but if she continued to live during that time, she'd just run away for the rest of her life. She sent a ghost to act as her agent and sprinkle a magical powder all over Bridget's body putting her into a very deep sleep and also to stop her from aging. To protect her from the people, Melinoe kept ghosts in the area so people wouldn't even dare to enter the forest. From then on, the area was considered cursed. Bridget was never again seen by the people.
One day, Melinoe visited Bridget in her dreams and told her it was time for her to wake up. Bridget's body was covered in dirt, leaves, flowers and some vines. When she woke up, it was already the 21st century.
A satyr found her and brought her to camp. He explained to her about the demigods, the camp, everything except for a teeny tiny bit of a detail--the date. They rode a ship going to New York and when they have finally arrived to camp, she was claimed by Melinoe.
Note: 3/6/9 month powers aren't unlocked yet
- Children of Melinoe can create weapons made of solid ectoplasm in order to aid them in combat. Only one weapon may exist at a time ,the longer the weapons are maintained, the more energy is drained. They can also coat their existing weapons in ectoplasm in order to temporarily strengthen them.
- Children of Melinoe can send shockwave-like blasts made of solid ectoplasmic energy which feel like a very powerful punch on contact, also momentarily stunning whoever it contacts.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to become intangible for short periods; making them immune to attacks but also unable to attack naturally.
- Children of Melinoe are able to manipulate the tangibility of ghosts around them to form a shield, that is no larger than the user, to protect themselves.
- Children of Melinoe are innately able to talk to and command ghosts, they can also help ghosts with any unfinished business that is keeping them tethered. They can also use this ghost to spy for them, or gather information.
- Children of Melinoe make the people around them uneasy and sometimes fearful as a result of their ghostly aura; they can turn this off for a long time if they desire.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to summon a single poltergeist which will fight for them for a short time.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to summon a banshee, which will instantly begin wailing and stun anyone who is not intangible for a short time before vanishing.
- Children of Melinoe, while intangible, can travel in this manner as a ghost would, disappearing and appearing in another location, however the longer the travel the more it drains the user.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to transform a weapon into an intangible state for a short time, making it so no one can touch it. They also have the ability to possess an object for a short time and then attack or defend with it. If the object is struck, they are expelled from it.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to cause ghosts (up to 4) to attempt to possess a single other person’s body. The ghosts can then be commanded to temporarily control the body if it is an ally, or for an opponent the ghosts will only be able to hinder the possessed person from what they are doing. This only lasts for a short time, and the more ghosts that are summoned, the greater drain the user feels.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to shed their human nature and appear as either a demon or angel, as their mother has dual chthonian and heavenly aspects. As a demon, the user has the ability to strike fear and despair into the heart of the enemy and emit a scream similar to that of a banshee's. As an angel, the user is granted flight (as angels are often depicted as having wings), and have the ability to instil respect and peace into whomever they come in contact with. The use of this power is extremely draining, and the user can only chose to be either angel or demon, never a combination of the two. After use, the user cannot use the power again for 24 hours.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to enter a intangible ghostly apparition, in this state, they are immune to attacks, and can control up to 15 ghosts at a time. In this state they are also able to use ghostly power to lift, throw, move, teleport, or possess objects; They are also able to command another ghosts to possess an object, and control the movements of that object through the ghost possessing it. This ghostly state only lasts for a short time, and after exiting it, the user will be drained and unable to move, or possibly faint. However, the amount of ghosts the user controlled in this state, will attempt to protect the user for a small portion of the time that the user is incapacitated.
- Children of Melinoe usually enjoy talking to ghosts, preferring their company over the living.
- Children of Melinoe often have two sided personalities, one angelic and bright. The other demonic and dark.
- Children of Melinoe typically enjoy scaring people and are not easily frightened themselves
- Children of Melinoe sometimes grow up to be paranormal investigators.
|Melinoe||mother||S-Should I be grateful?|
|Thomas Connolly||father||He did all he could for me... he's a very great man.|
|Peter and Samuel Connolly||half-brothers||I didn't really see them much but they were kind brothers. I love them as I love my father.|
|Jared Daniels||friend||In my point of view, he is a gentleman. He is one of the people who I first met at camp and who showed me kindness.|