Cameron is very chill and doesn't worry about most things. He's mostly quiet unless he's around friends or riled up about something. He's friendly, if not a bit awkward around new people. But after being around them for a while, he begins to open up to them.
Fay had been studying to become an astronomer. Her passion for the stars is what initially drew Astraeus to her. They met at a planetarium, with him posing as another astronomy student. Soon they were studying the night sky together. Fay became pregnant and, as gods do, Astraeus disappeared, leaving only a letter explaining who he truly was and a celestial bronze dagger which disguises itself as a spyglass. And so Cameron was born. Fay struggled to balance going to school with providing for her new child and ultimately had to drop out. She found a job as a fortune teller for a traveling carnival, and she raised Cameron on the road.
Fay married the manager of the carnival. His heavy scent plus the constant moving around helped mask Cameron from monsters.
Growing up in the carnival was never dull. He was practically raised by the older carnie kids, who showed him the ways of life. While they had to help set up the carnival, at night they had full freedom. They would ride their bikes around whatever town they happened to be in, causing general havoc. They had almost gotten arrested on several occasions. It was on one of these nights that Cameron had his first encounter with a monster. A rogue hellhound, appearing as a large doberman to the mortal kids, attacked him. Luckily, Cameron always carried around the little spyglass his father had left him in his pocket. He pulled it out and saw it's true form as a dagger for the first time, for it had sensed his need for a weapon. He managed to stab it by wildly slashing at it as it was on top of him, and it disintegrated, but not before it had wounded him badly. His friends took him to the hospital, and while he was there recovering, his mother told him the truth about his father's identity. One of workers from the carnival was actually a satyr who had been watching over Cameron his entire life. He had wanted to take him to camp earlier, but Cameron's mom begged to let him stay with her for longer. However, after the hellhound attack, Fay decided that it would be best if Cameron was taken to camp.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to conjure weapons out of plasma which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to focus an intense beam of plasma which will burn anything it touches.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to summon a cluster of miniature stars directly in front of them which can be used to block incoming attacks; the stars, however, dissipate quickly.
- Children of Astraeus generate an orbit around themselves for a short time, all attacks and people near the user get caught in the orbit, causing them to fly around, unable to attack the user. The user cannot move while the orbit is active.
- Children of Astraeus are innately stronger during the night.
- Children of Astraeus have the innate ability to see in all directions at once during the night.
- Children of Astraeus can innately adapt to most natural planetary environments within reason, meaning they're less likely to die of heat stroke and hypothermia.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to create temporary light sources, similar to concept of a flare, which will alight an area or blind an enemy for a short time.
- Children of Astraeus can manipulate the force of gravity of the planet and change the direction and force of it. They can cause items to float or stick to the ground for a short time or cause them to fly into a certain direction. Once the curse wears off, the item is immune to further use of it for a moderate time.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to use the gravity pull of the planet to slow down enemies for a short time, giving them a high chance to avoid an opponent’s attack or prevent an opponent from avoiding one of the user’s attacks.
- Children of Astraeus can limit gravity’s effect on their own bodies, causing them to float up and fly. The longer they fly the more it drains them.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to conjure a small supernova, which will burn at anything in its wake on a 10m radius, as well as producing a loud booming sound coming from the explosion. It cannot differ friend from foe and will affect anyone or anything nearby.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Astraeus have the power to cause up to three constellations to appear in their physical forms to fight alongside them. Each constellation will appear as an enlarged version of the thing it is based on except for human based constellations such as Orion which will be the size of a human. Constellations will dissipate after a short time, leaving the user moderately drained. Ex: If the user summons the Cancer constellation, it will be a giant crab that cannot be bigger than 2 or 3 times the size of the user.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to change the surface and mass of their bodies to reflect the surface and mass of a planet in the solar system of their choice for a short time. For example, if the user wishes to turn their body into flames, they would adopt the surface of Mercury. No matter which planet they choose to assimilate with, they will be extremely drained after the transformation and they can only use the power once per fight. They may switch planets while in this state. Ex: The user is reflecting Earth to reach an opponent and then reflects Mercury to attack them. Once in this state, they lose access to their other powers. Excluding those that are passive.