A List of All Our Policies
NOTE: To edit this list go here.
In the process of making characters, most users like to find pictures from somewhere around the internet to represent their character. Because doing so is very popular, it is necessary to have a few ground rules for the use of pictures. One important basic rule to always keep in mind, is copyright, there is lots of free use and fair use images out there, but if you find images that have blatant copyright and water marks over the image, you shouldn't use the image.
General Image Policies
- The image and/or you choose can not already be in use by another character that was here first, UNLESS the other user gives you permission.
- The image you use should not have logos or copyrights clearly stamped on the photos.
- The images should be tasteful, no nudity, or showing of private parts. A bit of cleavage is one thing, but full on breast with nothing left to the imagination, not OK.
- Recognizable images are allowed, but you may only use them for one character during your first month. After that time period, it's a free for all. Changing images after a character has been claimed need a valid reason e.g. the change is integral to IC plot and development, ethnic accuracy, or the character aging physically.
- Also, we shouldn't have to state this, but please be respectful of copyright laws. If you find a deviantart's image you really love, but the artist has clear and concise rules on that page asking it to not be used by anyone either without their permission or off the Deviantart site, use common courtesy and do not use their image.
- In general we have no strict policy on how many images (files) you may use for a character. However, I ask that you remain within reason, if the images are all clearly the same model, that's fine, but there is no need to use 30 images for one character, especially when all images are clearly different models (i.e. not the same person). Our policy is if none of the images show the model's face to even know who they are, that's entirely different. However, in general, spamming your page with 100 images of models, designs, gifs, possessions, etc. will cause the page to lag and take longer to load when you open it.
- You may only use 1 identifiable model for a character. However, you may use up to 3 images of random people that can't be identified, but that you can clearly make out their face. (For instance, when using google to reverse image search, some images just do not come up with any indication of who the person in the image might be.)
- A single model may never be used by more than two characters PERIOD. The original owner retains the rights to give permission to whomever. If a user sends a char away, kills them, or the user leaves, the two character rule still applies as long as the page is not deleted from the wiki, however, if a user wishes to share a model of a user that's long gone that isn't in use by any one else, permission can be skipped. If a single user is using the same model for two of their characters, then no one else may use, that counts as the two character rule. Also, if a user is using multiple models, they lose the rights to giving permission or sharing models.
If you have 20 images all of the same "model", that still counts as "one" reserved spot.
A user may reserve up to five spots on the Model Registration permanently. These should be images that they have intention to use for an upcoming character. A user that goes without edits for 3 months loses claim to reserved models. Once a user is marked officially inactive, all of their models are up for grabs.
- Voting:Level 5's and Up/Celebrity Models - Passed
- Voting:Level 5's and Up/New Model Policy - Passed
- Voting:Admin Team/Amendment to Image Policy - Passed
- Voting:Admin Team/Policy: Images - Passed
- Voting:Level 5's and Up/Sharing Models
- Voting:Level 5's and Up/Revision on Number of Models
- Voting:Level 5's and Up/Number of Models - Resolved
- Voting:Level 5's and Up/Minor Image Voting Tweak
- Voting:Level 5's and Up/Image Sizes in WBs - Resolved