|Avan Bachelder ~ Son of Hypnos
"Whatever it may bring, I will live by my own policies, I will sleep with a clear conscience, I will sleep in peace."
|"Sorry for the late greeting but, happy new year, guys! I hope that we'll have a better year this 2017. I look forward to spending more time you guys! Also, there are still some Christmas presents by the poplar branch. If you aren't getting them, I'm just going to hand them over to the other cabins."
Age: 21 Height: 5'7" Weight: 139 lbs
Sexuality: Bisexual Relationship Status: Single
Birth Place: Vancouver, Canada Main Weapon: Celestial bronze dagger
Accent: Catalan Titles: Cheshire Cat, Head Counselor
– "The bed is a bundle of paradoxes: we go to it with reluctance, yet we quit it with regret; we make up our minds every night to leave it early, but we make up our bodies every morning to keep it late."
Powers of a Child of Hypnos (has 3/6/9 month powers):
- Children of Hypnos have the ability to, upon direct contact, to force someone to fall asleep for a short time; after the effects have worn off, a person is immune to further effects of this for a moderate time. They can also fire a wave of energy with the same effects and limitations. The wave is singular and is only big enough to hit one person.
- Children of Hypnos have the ability to cause someone near them to feel extremely tired and become sluggish for a short time. Leaving the target vulnerable to attack.
- Children of Hypnos can project a powerful sleep aura for a short time, anyone around them will automatically fall asleep. The user cannot attack or use their other abilities when the sleep aura is in place, so the power is purely defensive. Also all targets automatically wake up when the sleep aura fades away and they can only use the ability twice in a fight.
- Children of Hypnos have the innate ability to cause others to feel mildly tired in their presence. They can shut off this ability for a long time if they wish.
- Children of Hypnos have the ability to look into people’s dreams as they sleep.
- Children of Hypnos heal faster while they are asleep.
- Children of Hypnos are partially conscious while asleep, able to wake themselves up at will.
- Children of Hypnos can put people to sleep for a short time; after awakening, they will feel extremely refreshed, as if they had just slept a full night. This power can only be used with the target's consent, so it's only useful for aiding allies.
- Children of Hypnos can directly contact a sleeping person dreams to either cause paranoia or a blissful dream.
- Children of Hypnos can create opium and use it for a multitude of purposes from helping to numb someone's pain to putting someone to sleep or making them feel drugged. The effects of the opium wear off after a short to moderate time. They can even create a field of poppies so tall that it obscures the sight and slows down anyone they are fighting, they only last for a short time before they wither away
- Since Hypnos was considered an underworld god, his children have the ability to Shadow Travel ,to teleport from shadow to shadow; the further the distance, the more energy drained.
- Children of Hypnos can take control of another person’s body while they are asleep for a short time, however they cannot force the opponent to harm themselves; the person being controlled feels as if they are dreaming and will vaguely remember the experience.
- Children of Hypnos are able to curse someone into feeling like they haven’t slept in a week, the target cannot fall asleep in this state. They are forced to fight the user while being exhausted. The curse only lasts for a moderate amount of time and the target will receive their strength back afterwards, they are immune to further use of the curse for the rest of the fight. The user is substantially drained.
- Children of Hypnos can draw power from all the actions and desires for sleep they’ve seen, felt, or committed in their lives and become an embodiment of sleep. This would make them more powerful and immune to all attacks, enhancing their physical prowess and power over sleep they previously possessed. This only lasts for a short time, after which the user will be so exhausted they’d lack the ability to even move for some time and could even faint. If they pass out from the transformation, they cannot remain conscious and quickly regain their strength.
- It is not uncommon for children of Hypnos to suffer from narcolepsy, a sleep disorder that causes excessive sleepiness and frequent daytime sleep attacks.
- Children of Hypnos are typically lazy and enjoy sleeping, causing them to purposely fall asleep whenever they please.
- Children of Hypnos are partially immune to the waters of the River Lethe, since the river runs through their father’s domain.
- Since their father resides in the realm of eternal darkness, children of Hypnos normally feel more comfortable in dark areas.
|Owned by: Hyu ~ Posted on: ~~~~~
(Special announcements by the counsellors are to be placed here, like welcoming new members, saying goodbye to leaving members, birthdays, etc. Also put here if there's an ongoing counsellor spot challenge and maybe encouragement to go to events (like the new halloween one) and saying good luck to those who joined the battle royale and congratulating those who won and maybe like an IC call to eat dinner outside or ice skate etc.)
Here, it's like for example, there's a schedule activity for a certain day. Like every Mondays and Wednesdays, there's a scheduled morning jog at 5 am, and then at 10 am, there's swordfighting practice. Then every Tuesdays and Thursdays, they train in fighting WHILE flying and then maybe pegasi riding lessons etc.
Unlike the cabin announcements, this is pretty much scheduled and is like the daily activities that campers do while at Camp. So it really needs to have something to do with training, while on the cabin announcements, you can put there recreation stuff also.
Things that the cabin runs in Camp, like what are they in charge of (Infirmary for Apollo, Armory for Heph etc). Also put here assigned tasks like who goes on watch at what time.
In Character Notices/Announcements
Out of Character Notices/Announcements
- Level 5's and up, please make sure to vote on current issues in the Voting:Level 5's and Up forum. 12 users must vote for any resolutions to be passed.
Edit the board here
. This board is to show any information relative to camp, either in character or out of character. For instance, if you'd like to announce the death of one of your characters, or their kidnapping, or anything that other users should know.