Merida is erratic, spiteful and vindictive. Because of the heartbreak she has endured, Merida has built up an emotional wall and she comes across as being cruel, aggressive, brutal and mean. Despite her aggressive and brutal nature, she has shown to be emotionally fragile.
Merida fears being left alone and she doesn't believe it when people treat her kind as a friend or a lover. Though she is extremely loyal and generousness. She has frequently had to step up for her friends against those who want to hurt them, she doesn't like those who think they are better than others and say nasty things behind others back. She stands up to anyone who seeks to take away those she cares for such as her team mates. She can frequently be seen at the homeless shelter or giving money to the hospital, she gives up all the hard earned money she has just to see those people smile.
Merida's parents met one day in Logan, Australia where her mother Lyla Frey was an astonomer and she was studying the stars and marking them down in her book, after a while she felt like she was being watched, she then turned around and a man with purple eyes looked at her. She questioned him what she was doing, and he said he was admiring the stars and her beauty. Lyla thanked him and offered him for a drink, they had multiple dates over four weeks. Lyla was sturrborn at first but after 15th date, she then cosied up to him and allowed him to kiss her. After the first 3 months of her pregnancy, Astraeus was with her but then told her he needed to leave. The day Lyla had her child he then appeared and held his own daughter. He told Lyla who he was a god, and that their daughter who he named Merida was a demi-god. He then disappeared leaving Merida with Lyla.
Lyla married her new husband Mark Bleyze when Merida was 8, Mark hated Merida and whenever Lyla wan't at home he would pick on her and bully her. Then Lyla gave birth to twins, Marco and Kyle and as Merida and her brothers grew up, Lyla started to favour the twins. Merida then became the ghost of the family, the least important one, she then started to resent her mother and would verbally attacker her step dad and half-brothers, they started to leaved her alone, but Merida was bullied too long, she didn't stop until she was able to get her step dad to devorce her mum, so he would leave.
When Merida had just 13 she was coming back from school on the bus, she saw someone following her and it was a woman she had her arms wrapped round her and she was wearing a featherlike cloak. Then she started to change, the feathers became apart of her as she grew wings. The woman attacked her but Meridia fought against her, but Meridia was able to blast her away into golden dust with a blast of energy that just came out of her. She then fell asleep exhausted.
In her dream Meridia was in space just floating looking up at the beautfiul stars, she then saw a face appear across the stars, he told her that he was Astreas and that she needs to go to a place to keep her safe, since her mother had failed to honour that. Merida then awoke and went back to her house and hauled herself up in her room, keeping herself from others. She started to think she was crazy and how she wanted to see a physiatrist, her mom wouldn't let said that she wasn't crazy, but she can see one if she needs to talk about things. She met doctor Fenix a woman who helped her get in touch with her feelings and control them. She went to Dr Fenix for another two years, bur in those years she was attacked again by shadow like creatures yet she was able to blast them away, but due to being untrained she keeps fainting, through she still thought she was losing her mind.
When she had just gotten back home from her rugby match, she saw her house was on fire and two creatures that had snake tails curl out of the flames they slithered towards her, but them Dr Fenix appeared and grabbed her and they started to run through the forest and away from the monsters. Dr Fenix explained that she was a fox animal nymph, and that Merida was a demigod and that there was a special camp for her. Merida asked why where they running from, the nymph then said they were dracenei. They were able to make it to a harbour where a woman with long black hair talked to Dr Fenix and then gave them special pearls. Dr Fenix took a red one, while she gave a special midnight blue one to Merida, the women told her that she was a star nymph called Malia and that the specail blue pear was a gift from her farther. Dr Fenix told her to throw the pearl to the ground and stomp on it, Merida did that and a blue mist courced up through her body.
She then appeared in a field at night, she wore a sleevless midnight blue t-shirt and grey jeans with black boots, and a black belt. She had a bronze sword attached to the belt. Dr Fenix appeared behind her, she clutched a dagger and she was dressed in a red greek dress, her olive hair pulled into a plate. Merida questioned where she was, Dr Fenix said that Merida's farther used the pearl to better equip his daughter for the fight of her life if needed be. Dr Felix then looked behind them and saw harpies flying towards them. They both sprinted through the forest and saw a camp in the distance and then ran towards it.
Meridia and the Dr finaly made it over the line, the harpies then flew away. Dr Fenix then told Merida her real name was Arianne, she then told Merida that because she was largely emotionaly fragile and started to think that she was crazy that she would have help dealing with this before transitioning to camp and because that if they tried to run away to camp a dark group whould have tried to take her and manipulate her into turning against the gods or possibley causing her powers to lose controll and eventually kill her. Arianne then brought Meridia over to a tall man that told her that she was a dmeigod and she is now apart of this camp is she chose's. Meridia then asked what was this place called. The man told her it was Camp Half Blood.
Meridia had been at camp for just three days when a couple of campres from the Astreaus Cabin came over to her and told he that they had a cabin for her, thats she could live in, Meridia took up there offer.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to conjure weapons out of plasma which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to focus an intense beam of plasma which will burn anything it touches.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to summon a cluster of miniature stars directly in front of them which can be used to block incoming attacks; the stars, however, dissipate quickly.
- Children of Astraeus generate an orbit around themselves for a short time, all attacks and people near the user get caught in the orbit, causing them to fly around, unable to attack the user. The user cannot move while the orbit is active.
- Children of Astraeus are innately stronger during the night.
- Children of Astraeus have the innate ability to see in all directions at once during the night.
- Children of Astraeus can innately adapt to most natural planetary environments within reason, meaning they're less likely to die of heat stroke and hypothermia.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to create temporary light sources, similar to concept of a flare, which will alight an area or blind an enemy for a short time.
- Children of Astraeus can manipulate the force of gravity of the planet and change the direction and force of it. They can cause items to float or stick to the ground for a short time or cause them to fly into a certain direction. Once the curse wears off, the item is immune to further use of it for a moderate time.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to use the gravity pull of the planet to slow down enemies for a short time, giving them a high chance to avoid an opponent’s attack or prevent an opponent from avoiding one of the user’s attacks.
- Children of Astraeus can limit gravity’s effect on their own bodies, causing them to float up and fly. The longer they fly the more it drains them.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to conjure a small supernova, which will burn at anything in its wake on a 10m radius, as well as producing a loud booming sound coming from the explosion. It cannot differ friend from foe and will affect anyone or anything nearby.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Astraeus have the power to cause up to three constellations to appear in their physical forms to fight alongside them. Each constellation will appear as an enlarged version of the thing it is based on except for human based constellations such as Orion which will be the size of a human. Constellations will dissipate after a short time, leaving the user moderately drained. Ex: If the user summons the Cancer constellation, it will be a giant crab that cannot be bigger than 2 or 3 times the size of the user.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to change the surface and mass of their bodies to reflect the surface and mass of a planet in the solar system of their choice for a short time. For example, if the user wishes to turn their body into flames, they would adopt the surface of Mercury. No matter which planet they choose to assimilate with, they will be extremely drained after the transformation and they can only use the power once per fight. They may switch planets while in this state. Ex: The user is reflecting Earth to reach an opponent and then reflects Mercury to attack them. Once in this state, they lose access to their other powers. Excluding those that are passive.