His cold outside shield a warmer, kind, and gently guy who is open to many things.
He has the rough chiseled look alike most people from Siberia. He stands 6’9” and is ruggedly build. He has short brown hair and brown eyes.
Ryurik was born in a Soviet era town in the Northern shore of the Sakha Republic in Russia. His mother, Yana Konstantinov, was a simple worker for one of the stores in town, a small general store. One day, a man wandered into town for a small business venture he said. While he was there, he went in to the general store to buy some food for his stay at the town. He was looking around the store and Yana walked up to him and asked if there was anything she could help him with. She was very intrigued by the man in his looks and how he spoke; he even flattered her once or twice. The man was merely gentleman like, no expounding feelings of love, lust, or desire towards this woman. A couple days later, a letter arrived for the man, which he received from the landlord of the house he rented. He thought it might have been from one of his correspondences, but he was pleasantly surprised to find out it was the woman he say for the store. Her language and writing in the letter took him and agree to meet her later for a walk. They meet on a dark street, late one evening, both newly interested in the other. The walked up and down street, talking to great extents about each other. She learned his named was Sergei and he was here from Moscow for business. They went to her apartment and showed each other their new found love. She spent the next two weeks with him. They would carry on long, meaning conversations when not in her bedroom. One night he explains everything to her that he was the titan Prometheus, and they would have a demititan child, and the entire world of the Greek god. The next evening, Prometheus was leaving to go back to the rest of the world. Yana was incredibly sad when it came time for him to leave. It was needed for two men to hold her back as he left. About a month later, she realized she was pregnant with Prometheus’ baby.
Ryurik was born and grew up as many other Russian boys did. His mother found out early on that Ryurik was not going to be a normal; he grew at a rapid rate. He shot to amazing height and insane build of muscle. He live the life of fatherless inly child in a rough town. Little did he know that Prometheus would visit his mother secretly every few years. Throughout his life, he would always send any free time at the glaciers near his town. He was climb around them all the time, trying to find a way to the top of it, but the face of the glacier was too steep for normal climbing means. When Ryurik was about 14, he received a gift from his father, or at least that is what his mother told him. I was a pair of climbing ice picks, slightly worn and the blades were a different weight and color than most he had seen in his town. Nevertheless, they were perfect. During a break from school, his spent three days camped up by the glaciers. He tested out his picks on smaller faces and just getting around. On the afternoon on the third day there, he attempted to go all the way to the top of the glacier. As he first started up, he was a bit cocky and had it up about a fourth of the way up. Then, one of his picks didn’t catch well enough and slipped. He hung 80 feet from just one pick which was pulls into the ice hard. He didn’t move for a few second, till reality hit him and he swung his pick back into the ice. He shook himself off and continued. He made in 180 feet up when he had a weird jolt flew through his spine and he immediately sidestepped just before a car size hunk of ice fell right where he was. Ryurik was astounded, but thought it was some dumb luck turn of events. He continued on and finally got to the top of the glacier. He looked out over the view of his town and the tundra that surrounded it. He was ecstatic at the sight and breathed deeply the cold air. He looked around and saw a bundle of rope and ice clips. He was confused for a second but then looked down the face of the glacier 240 feet down was the ground he had to go back to. He set up the rope and repelled down the face, slowly. When he got to the bottom, he run back home to his mother and told her all about the climb. Up until he was 17 he climbed the glacier on any break he could.
On his 18 birthday, he decided to fill out a request for military training and to enlist in a local MP patrol. About a month later, the Russian army signed him up and he begun basic training. After 4 months of basic he had about a month and a half of advance civilian restraining and submission training. He met a strange guy about his age, he guessed, named Boris who helped with mess and cleaning duty. He didn’t training with them because of a crippling leg formation as a birth defect. They got along well and Ryurik would help Boris with some chores around barracks when he couldn’t do them. One day, when that had passes to leave the barracks, Ryuirk took Boris to the glacier that he had climbed near his home. He brought along his ice picks and showed Boris the face. He started up it while Boris sat in a folding chair they brought so he could watch. It was routine almost for him. For the second time, a jolt flew through his spine and he unhooked one of his picks and swings his body out as a chunk of ice where he was stand over falls out. Boris yells up to him, and Ryurik responded he was ok and continued climbing. He felt the glacier rumble a few times and he thought it was just moving minutely and get to the top. He didn’t find the ice moving, he found a Hyperborean lumbering towards him from further back along the glacier. Ryurik stood completely still, first thinking it had to be some polar bear or something. It couldn’t have been, there is and never will be a 20 foot bear anywhere. He looked at his rope he set up and started towards it. The Hyperborean looks straight at him and starts to jog towards him. He runs now to the rope, trying to undo the knot in it but only tangles it. As the Hyperborean continued to get closer, he heard behind him Boris yelling up to him, but when he look around to his chair, he wasn’t there. He look around and could find him. One of the Hyperborean steps made him lose his balance and he looked down the face and saw Boris hopping from a ting ledge to another and a goat would. He would have watched him forever if the low growl of the Hyperborean didn’t smack him back into reality. He rolled and scrambled to get away for it. It was right on top of him about the crash him when a shrill note came out of nowhere and Boris, or what he thought was Boris, leapt in the face of the Hyperborean and made it lost concentration. Boris shouted to him to use his picks. He was clueless for a second, but he figured he had nothing to lose so he charged to Hyperborean and slashed down it’s thigh as he run past. The Hyperborean roared in pain and it turn n to a two story ice sculpture and collapsed into bits and pieces. He stood there a semi-glaze look on his face. Boris walk, or trotted up to him which nearly scared Ryurik to death. Boris was a goat from the waist down and had hooved feet. Boris said he would explain everything if they could get to his mother’s house. He just nodded and got the rope set up to go down. When they got to his mother’s house, she was upset since she knew he was on a pass for the weekend, but he told her earlier he said he was going to spend it the glacier. As soon as Boris steep in, she understood what had happened. They talk for a few minutes before confronting Ryurik. They told him everything they knew: Prometheus, the Hyperborean, him being a demititan, and all the Greek gods. He didn’t know what to believe. He wanted it to be a dream but he knew it wasn’t. They told him that he had to be sent to the United States to be safer from anymore, but the military would never awhile it. The planned it out and snuck them back to the barracks got their stuff and went to the local airport and got out of the region. They landed once in Russia before flying to Alaska, trying not to stay in Russia for longer than needed. Ryurik had taken some English courses in school and for the military, but he still studied like crazy before getting to New York.
He was confused and excited when he started walking around New York City, but it wasn’t for long since Boris made it clear that he had to go to camp, he called it. They took a cab to about two miles down the road from camp. They started for it and after the cab had left, two rogue harpies swopped in and attack both of them. The knock both Ryurik and Boris back and come around for another pass. Ryurik felt an all too familiar jolt flew through his spine and he rolled to one side as has pulled out his pick and gutted the harpy that was aimed for him, turning it into dust. The other harpy clawed Boris in the face and a cut in the neck which was bleeding. He told Ryurik to go to the tree, but he couldn’t leave a comrade that had taken him this far. He turned to the harpy that stood a few feet from him, and charged her. And shared and blocked blows, He was finally able to land his pick’s blade dead center of the harpy’s chest and it disintegrated. He went over to Boris, tore off part of his pant leg and made a quick bandage for his neck. He picked Boris, slung they’re packs, and started down the road to camp. When he got there, they took Boris to the infirmary, and Ryurik passed out in a chair. Later he was woken up and proceeded to be introduced to the world of the Greek gods.
- Children of Prometheus can fire off small bullets of clay at a very high speed, the bullets would materialize and fire from the user’s fingertips. They can be shot fast enough that they could pierce skin on impact.
- Children of Prometheus have the ability to turn the immediate ground into soft clay that acts as quicksand, potentially causing anyone stepping in to fall and sink far enough to not move at all. Gradually, the ground will solidify, allowing everyone trapped to slowly regain their footing.
- Children of Prometheus have the ability to coat armor, defenses, and shields with an extra layer of hardened clay that will dull most kinds of attacks for a short time. They are also able to coat weapons with the same material in order to make them unbreakable.
- Children of Prometheus excel greatly in wisdom and forethought, allowing them to comprehend of what is true coupled with optimum judgment as to what action to perform. They are able to take into consideration all variables in a situation, foresee the outcomes and what choices one should make to reach the conclusion they want.
- Children of Prometheus can see a few seconds into the future; allowing them to possibly predict the actions of others, but also obscuring their sight at times.
- Children of Prometheus are able to trick another person into doing something for them, coming into agreement with them, or revealing a secret to them; nothing guarantees the person will complete the task, if they figure out they are being tricked.
- Children of Prometheus have the ability to generate fire or heat in order to ignite things, distract others, combust objects, augment weapons and constructs, or cause anything to be hotter to the point they are cooked, burned or melted. However, once created, they are not able to control it, and the more fire or heat they generate, the more energy it drains them.
- Children of Prometheus are able to conjure pure clay, which can be molded into weapons,armor and shields, or any object possible, that are no more than 2 to 3 times the size of the user. However, only one object can be molded at a time, and the user is continuously drained as they create more clay.
- Children of Prometheus can telekinetically move clay with their mind, the more moved and the further the distance. The more energy drained.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Prometheus can transmogrify others into clay in order to either petrify them or just render them useless and more vulnerable because they become slower and all soft, muddy, and sludgy. The more people affected and the longer the transformation is held, the more energy it drains. And people turned into clay cannot be telekinetically moved by children of Prometheus.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Prometheus have the ability to construct a group of clay men or animals with a maximum number of five, which can then be controlled by the mind of their creator. Men and animals summoned this way can only be the normal size of the form they take. While the clay beings fights for the user, the latter has a hard time moving until they are destroyed or dismissed. Alternatively, they can create a golem or a giant animal that is equivalent to five clay men combined altogether, no larger than 2 to 3 times the size of the user.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Prometheus have the ability to turn their entire body into clay. This allows them to change their physical aspect and even mold extra limbs and appendages (but not wings), provide a strong dermal armor and enhance their strength by hardening, or even become flexible and elastic. They also do not feel pain in this state. The longer they keep this up, the more energy it drains, and the longer they have to stay nearly immobile after transforming back.
- Children of Prometheus are typically wise and intelligent. However, they can also be cunning, crafty, and incline to be like tricksters. But nonetheless, they are able to give convincing counsel, whether good or bad.
- Children of Prometheus generally have a morbid fear of eagles and vultures and they tend to not get along with the children of Zeus very well.
- Children of Prometheus are always great at molding and shaping clay without use of their powers. With that, they become known as great sculptors and carvers.
Two celestial bronze, climbing ice picks and a pocket watch with a picture of his mother.
Aella Janson - Friends: just starting to get to know her, madeout for a while.