Mi-yeon is a very happy go lucky type. She loves the outdoors,bugs, and science. She is a little bit eccentric at times, and is very stubborn. She gets angry easily and often tries to hide the fact that her hearing is impaired by keeping her hair long and in front of her face. She dislikes negative people and is a very bright energy source, she is always excited all the time and it makes her seem a little bit like a puppy.
Ja-kyung was the daughter of a farmer who lived in Manpo, North Korea, a city that borders China. One day, Ja-kyung was walking and met a handsome young man named Park Beom-soo (who was actually Aristaeus) while out one day, and they fell in love. They stayed together for a while, and one thing led to another, and Ja-kyung became pregnant. Ja-kyung was very worried about her baby, she could barely get enough to eat herself, how would she feed her own child? The government took most of their crops, and they had little money to spend on black market goods. Park Beom-soo promised to help the child surivive, and disappeared, appearing later with some information. Ja-kyung's grandfather's brother sympathized with the South during the Korean war, and had left before the DMZ was set up. Luckily, her great uncle's grandchild lived in South with his husband and were willing to pay a smuggler to get Ja-kyung and her baby out of the North through China, then Mongolia before they could be apply to apply as refugees and go to the South. Ja-kyung agreed, but suddenly Park Beom-soo disappeared, leaving nothing behind but a braided bracelet out of coord with Ja-kyung
Ja-kyung's father passed away a few days before Ja-kyung left, and Ja-kyung was heart broken, but she decided to leave to give her child a better life than what she had. One winter night, a smuggler snuck Ja-kyung out of North Korea across the river and into China, but they weren't safe yet. China sends North Koreans back, so they had to be careful. Ja-kyung and the smuggler were almost caught a few times, but by godly luck they managed to get out and make it all the way to Monogolia, where Ja-kyung flew to South Korean thanks to an American agency, where she automatically became a refugee and citizen by the time she was 6 months pregnant.
Ja-kyung met her relative, Sam Hyung-won and his American husband Marcus in the South. She was safe, but everything wasn't okay. Ja-kyung was just so weak from the journey, she gave birth prematurely to a baby girl, Mi-yeon and after signing guardianship to Hyung-won, passed away.
Now, Hyung-won and Marcus had a problem. Marcus and Hyung-won were technically "married", but could not be legally in South Korea, but legally in America. So, they decided to take the baby and go to America, where they legally married in New York (thus granting Hyung-won citizenship) and legally adopted Min-yeon together, instead of just Hyung-won, just in case something happened to him, leaving Marcus unable to make any claim to Min-yeon.
And thus, Min-yeon's story begins. Min-yeon absolutely loved New York. She loved the city and the noises and the subway and cabs and how beautifully imperfect everything was. She learned Korean from Hyung-won, and also learned English. She was developing alright, but then something starnge started to happen. Min-yeon wasn't hearing well, and they soon discovered she had tinnitus, a ringing of the ears that led to prolonged instances of poor hearing. Min-yeon had to get hearing aids, to wear when she had problems hearing.
Besides that, she was a happy child. She loved the outdoors almost as much as she loved the city, and spent most of her childhood playing at parks and investigating bugs and other creatures. Min-yeon went to a small private school that helped students with learning disabilities like she had, hearing issues, ADHD and dyslexia. With her teacher's help, Min- yeon gained a love of learning and of school. Min-yeon was a huge science nerd and won a lot of science fairs, and wanted to do biochemistry by the time she was 8.
Things were pretty decent for Min-yeon. She rarely got picked on, since the school she was had had everyone who was like her. Min-yeon sometimes got frustrated as a child, and she was prone to fits of anger when her hearing bothered her. It caused her so much grief that she decided to keep her hearing aids in all the time, so she could turn them off whenever it was getting too loud and turn it up when her hearing was too soft.
She adored Marcus and Hyung-won. They were great parents to her, and they were very patient and kind, even when she was being unreasonable or angry. They told her she adopted from South Korea, and that the braided cord bracelet was something that her mother gave to her before she passed away. They never told her that her mother and Hyung-won were related, or that she had been smuggled out of two countries to get to South Korea. At least, they were working up to it.
At her school, a boy named Paul joined her class when she was 11. He walked on crutches and had a weird limp, but she and Paul became best friends very quickly. It wasn't until she was 12 (since her father was a minor God) that she had her first monster attack.
Min-yeon and Paul were walking home from school when a hellhound suddenly attacked them, appearing from out of nowhere. Paul sprang into action, leading the hell hound away from Min-yeon and stabbing it, turning it to dust just before it bit his face off. Paul managed to explain to Min-yeon about her heritage, that he had gotten the scent that she had godly blood and protected her since they were 11. Min-yeon was furious at first, more concerned that her whole friendship was a lie, but after Paul's reassurance, she felt better. Paul insisted that she attend camp, but Min-yeon didn't want to go. In fact, she refused to go. She didn't want to leave her family, and she didn't want to feel anymore different than she already was. She convinced Paul to let her stay, but afterwards she signed herself up for Krav Maga and kendo lessons, which helped in her self-defense and swordsmanship. She discovered that her cord bracelet turned into a sword when touched, a coming of age gift from her godly father.
The next two attacks happened at ages 13 and 14. The first was a group of stymphalian birds that attacked Min-yeon when she was at a park. She remembered the old legend about the birds, and while getting bits of her skin picked off she threw her metal scooter at a park swing, making loud creaking noise that drove the, away. The next, at age 14, scared her the most. It was a Giant Scorpian, and it came at her and Paul when they were at school, during gym. The mortals just saw they goofing around, but actually the Scorpian was coming at them. Paul distracted it while Min-yeon crept up from behind and stabbed it's fleshy underbelly, killing it quickly. It was the day after Min-yeon's 15th birthday that Paul decided she had to go to camp, or face being killed more and more often. Paul convince Min-yeon to attend, who in turn told her parents that it was a school camp of sorts, for special kids like her. Thus, she and Paul took a cab to camp after saying goodbye, and. Paul led her to camp.
- Children of Aristaeus can shoot stingers from their hands, they are no bigger than the size of their hands, and the longer they shoot them, the more energy it drains.
- Children of Aristaeus have the ability to conjure a weapon out of honey which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it. They can also make small non-combative objects out of honey.
- Children of Aristaeus can conjure up a protective dome made up of hardened honey, roughly 2 or 3 times the size of the user, which can be used to block attacks for a short time.
- Children of Aristaeus can summon a large fully encased metal net that would most likely ensnare opponents upon creation, the target is unable to attack but is also protected by the net, as they can still move around some, but neither opponent can strike offensively while the person is in the net. So the power is purely defensive, the net fades from existence after a short time. This can give the user time to regroup, mend their wounds, and prepare for a better offensive strike.
- Children of Aristaeus make great hunters, attaining great tracking skills and amazing physical attributes and senses. Speed, strength, stamina, agility and dexterity. Their hearing, sight and smell are also impressive, even to the point where they can see perfectly in the night and hear/smell things from quite a distance.
- Children of Aristaeus can innately communicate with and command nearby bees and sheep.
- Children of Aristaeus are stronger during mid-May to mid-September, because the Etesian winds blow during these months.
- Children of Aristaeus possess hands and feet which allow them to fasten onto and climb vertical and horizontal surfaces without falling, much like how bees can.
- Children of Aristaeus can sprout large bee wings for a short time, this enables them to fly; the longer they maintain this state, the more energy it drains. They must rest between flights and cannot make long distance traveling without resting often. However the wings are vulnerable to injuries and magic; they can also be somewhat customized to the user’s preference. But the wings must remain at least somewhat insect-like.
- Children of Aristaeus can make great healers, since they have innate knowledge of medicinal herbs and can conjure them. Ex: they can conjure some aloe vera to heal a burn. As they can create honey, they can also use honey to heal or soothe minor wounds.
- Children of Aristaeus can cause someone to become drunk on honey-mead, this would leave them open to attack or give the user a chance to flee the area.
- If Children of Aristaeus find a track of an animal, monster, or human they can touch the track and get an image their minds of where their target was going to and their appearance.
====3 Months After Character Is Made==== Unlock 5/21/16
- Children of Aristaeus can summon an intense scorching heat, since their father’s etesian winds would defend people from this heat. The heat could burn or scorch anything in a 10-meter radius.
====6 Months After Character Is Made====
- Children of Aristaeus can transform themselves into a bee. This ability can only be held for a short time, and the longer it is held, the more energy is drained. In this form they can fly faster, are much harder to find and can summon bees out of nowhere. Once the transformation ends, they are substantially drained.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Aristaeus can morph into a humanoid/bee form for a short time. In this state, their enhanced physical prowess and senses ascend to new heights. They can fly faster than before and their bodies are coated in dermal honeycomb armor, making them immune to all attacks. This only lasts for a short time, after which the user will be so exhausted they’d lack the ability to even move for some time and could even faint.
- Children of Aristaeus tend to be excellent leaders.
- Children of Aristaeus tend to love/enjoy sweet things, flowers, making cheese, growing olives and tending to bees, sheep and fruit trees.
- Children of Aristaeus are often quite defensive, normally willing to defend their allies or home territory.
- Some Children of Aristaeus tend to hate the cold, preferring to stay indoors during cold winter months, while others tend to feel more insulated to the cold and aren't as bothered by it.
- Children of Aristaeus are naturally gifted at building traps, able to quickly assemble them from natural materials.